MEAT OUR TEAM OF EXPERIENCED DOCTORS.
MEAT OUR TEAM OF EXPERIENCED DOCTORS.
About Synapse Pain and Spine Clinic, Kolkata
Synapse Pain and Spine Clinic is a dedicated interventional pain management and treatment centre in Kasba, Kolkata, India. We specialize in providing scientific, evidence-based, non-surgical treatments for various chronic pain conditions such as back pain, neck and shoulder pain, joint pain, headaches, nerve-related pains, and sports injuries.
Our multi-disciplinary team comprises pain physicians, orthopedics, physical medicine, and rehabilitation experts, neuro-physicians, and psychologists, who work together to provide complete pain relief using allopathic principles. Most of our doctors are established senior consultants in prominent tertiary care hospitals in the city like Apollo and GEM hospitals. They bring their rich knowledge, vast experience, and highly-developed skill sets in providing the most effective solutions for pain conditions without surgery.
Synapse Pain and Spine Clinic is by far the best pain clinic in India, given the quality and experience of our consultants and our state-of-the-art procedure facilities. Our primary focus areas are
- back (spine) pain
- disc prolapse (sciatica)
- joint pains (knee, shoulder, hip and elbow)
- sports injuries
- neuropathic pain conditions.
Dr Vanmathy Venkatapathy
MBBS, MD, DNB, DESA, FCIPM, FIPM (AA)
Dr Vanmathy V is a consultant pain physician and Director in Synapse Pain & Spine Clinic in Adyar, Chennai. She is an expert in performing image-guided pain interventions performed to cure patients suffering from long-standing pain.
Her areas of particular interest include back pain and sciatica management. She is also a consultant pain physician and anesthesiologist at Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai. She is trained in performing minimally invasive pain interventions under image guidance. She is the first fully trained lady doing dedicated pain management practice in Tamil Nadu. She provides back pain, disc herniation, sciatica, neck and shoulder pains, joint pains, knee arthritis, nerve-related pain, cancer pain and palliative services in Synapse Pain and Spine Clinic.
She started this Clinic in partnership with Dr Karthic Babu Natarajan to help patients with musculoskeletal pain problems.
- Dr Vanmathy did her MBBS from Stanley Medical College.
- She finished her MD in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine.
- She went on to become a Diplomat of the National Board (DNB) of India.
- She is a Diplomat of the European Society of Anesthesiology provided by ESA, Brussels, Belgium, endorsed by the European Board of Anaesthesiology (EBA, UEMS) and the Council for European Specialist Medical Assessments (CESMA, UEMS).
- She did a Fellowship in Interventional pain management in the Back and Pain Centre in affiliation with the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA.
- Because of her passion for pain medicine, she underwent further training on pain management at Daradia Pain Clinic under Dr Gautam Das.
- She completed her Fellowship in Interventional Pain Management (FIPM) by Aesculap Academy, Germany.
Dr K P Kosygan
MBBS, M.Sc - Ortho, M.Ch - Orthopaedics, FRCS (Trauma & Ortho)
- Dr K P Kosygan is a Senior Orthopedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon in Chennai and has experience of 21 years in this field.
- Dr K P Kosygan practices at Apollo Hospitals (Main) Greams Road, OMR, Vanagaram branches and in Apollo Spectra Hospitals. Besides he consults patients at Synapse Pain and Spine Clinic.
- He completed MBBS from Madras Medical College in 1992, M.Sc – Ortho from UK in 1995 and M.Ch – Orthopedics in Liverpool, UK in 1998. He is Fellow of Royal College (Trauma and Orthopedics) and CCT (UK)
- Dr K P Kosygan’s areas of expertise include: Joint Replacement Surgeries, Keyhole Arthroscopic surgeries, Complex trauma, Sports Injuries in elite athletes. He is a UK trained expert in total knee replacements (TKR), total hip replacements (THR), redo replacement surgeries, Shoulder replacement, Arthroscopic surgeries, Traumatic fractures, tumor reconstruction of the hip and knee. His patients include local and international patients, VIPs, elite athletes, Etc.
- He is one of the best Orthopedic Surgeons in Chennai and has treated several patients in his areas of Expertise. He has special interest in Sports Injuries and in regenerative medicine techniques like PRP and BMAC injections for Shoulder, Elbow, Knee and Foot and Ankle problems.
- He is a member of Indian Medical Association (IMA), Indian Academy of Orthopedics (IAO) and Tamil Nadu Orthopedic Association (TNOA).
- He leads a team of Orthopedic surgeons, Pain Physicians, Physio and Rehab specialists in Synapse Pain & Spine Clinic. He is renowned in diagnosing and treating previously undiagnosable and untreatable orthopedic, Spine and Joint pain conditions throughout Chennai.
- He is comfortable Speaking in English, Hindi, Tamil
Dr Senthil Kamalasekaran
MBBS, MS (Ortho), MRCS (Glasgow)
Dr Senthil Kamalasekaran is a Senior Consultant Orthopedician in Synapse Pain Clinic
He has a Work Experience of 21 yrs+
2001 – 2012 Knee Surgeon at Barnet & Chase Farm Hospital, Enfield
2013 – 2018 Senior Consultant at Apollo Hospital Vanagaram
2015 – 2018 Senior Consultant at Apollo Hospital OMR Road
- MBBS – Madurai Medical College, 1996
- MS – Orthopaedics – Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai, 2001
- MRCS (UK) – University of Glasgow, United Kingdom, 2010
- Fellowship in Knee & Hip Surgery – london knee clinic, 2011
- IOA(indian orthopaedics association)
- TNOA(Tamil Nadu Orthopeadics Association)
Dr. M. Balamurugan
MBBS, DNB - Neurosurgery Neurosurgeon
Dr. M. Balamurugan is a Neurosurgeon in Teynampet, Chennai and has an experience of 25 years in this field. Dr. M. Balamurugan practices at Apollo Cancer Centres Chennai in Teynampet, Chennai and Apollo Hospital in Greams Road, Chennai. He completed MBBS from Madras University, Chenai, India in 1993 and DNB – Neurosurgery from DNB board, New Delhi in 1998.
He is a member of Indian Medical Association (IMA),Member of Neurological Society of India,Member Congress of Neurological Surgeons and Member American Academy of Neurological Surgeons. Some of the services provided by the doctor are: Petrosal Sinus Sampling,Head & Neck Tumour Embolization,Brain Aneurysm Coiling,CSF Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery and Peripheral Nerve etc.
Dr. T V Raja
MBBS, D Ortho, M Ch (Ortho), FRSH (London)
Dr. Raja Thiruppathi is a Orthopedic surgeon in T Nagar, Chennai and has an experience of 31 years in this field. Dr. Raja Thiruppathi practices at Visa Hospital – T Nagar in T Nagar, Chennai. He completed MBBS from Annamalai Universtiy in 1992 and Diploma in Orthopaedics from Karnataka University, India in 1996.
He is a member of Indian Medical Association (IMA).